Thursday, March 12, 2009

Armpits, Torsos, and Photos

The following 6 photos have a theme...



I was successfully and easily cropped from each of those pictures. Some time ago, one of the above people commented, "Hey, I needed a picture of myself. I found one of us and just cropped you out. You're really easy to crop." I'm not sure what the appropriate response is..."thanks?" or ..."you're welcome?" In any case, here are the pictures from which I was successfully cropped...
Christmas 06
Christmas 08
Shanon's Wedding
New Braunfels Thanksgiving
Badminton Tournament 07

Paul's and Heather's wedding.
Recently, I needed a passport-size photo of myself. I thought, "No problem, people say I am croppable, this will be easy." I quickly realized this whole croppable thing does not work in my favor. Each time I found a picture that could be cropped and used as a passport-size photo, my face was neatly framed by armpits and torsos...
Armpits and Torsos '06
Armpits, Shoulders, Hand '08
Armpit, Torso, Antlers, the UPS Store
Armpit
Torso and Shoulder
Armpit, Hand, Face
Torso
Armpit and I look naked


I realize I could try to zoom a little closer and eliminate some pits. The problem is that at a certain point zooming becomes awkward. You become a floating face like the kid in the yearbook that was clearly absent on picture day. No one wants to be that misproportioned huge-face kid everyone laughs at when reminiscing about the past. Alas, I guess I will choose to embrace the armpit and torso face-framing, and be grateful that my friends have nice pits.

5 comments:

sethswifeforlife said...

that's hilarious, Kim.
But you're becoming a pro at posting pics. :-)
We need to hang out again soon. Before I pop. :-)

Lisa Perry said...

Kim...Kelli B. just sent me the link to your blog, and I can't even go on reading I'm laughing so hard about the armpits and torsos. Seriously girl, you are so funny. I'll be sneaking in to read from now on! Thanks for the laughs. :)

Chad and Shanon said...

You just need some pics with another short person like me and it should work out perfectly.

JoAnna Van Vleet said...

Kim - this is so funny! I love that I can laugh out loud this early in the morning (I just hope I didn't wake the kiddos up...) I am not sure how I stumbled across this blog, but I see that I have been missing out. I love your sense of humor and look forward to regular alerts that my google reader says you have another quirky post : ) Hope all is well and that I'll see you again soon at The Stone!

Trudy said...

Hey Kim - Thanks for the big laughs! I'll have to read your blog more often! You make me laugh! Chase and I will be in NB for Easter Family Camp. Maybe we can stop by and say HI! I don't know if you've ever seen him in person or at least in a long time. Only in picts.